This is how I am coping with the pandemic.
Well, that’s not totally true, some days I fake that I am okay better than other days. So, there’s that, but mostly, I have no idea what I am doing.
Here’s what helps:
1.Taking a million photos of my dogs:
2. Cracking jokes with my boys:
3. Reading updates on Roho (he’s doing awesome).
4: Watching baseball. So. Much. Baseball.
5. A gratitude practice. I particularly love this journal:
It includes unique prompts that make you stop and reflect about your day. This way it’s not a rote listing of the same things over and over. The only one I struggle with is “Favorite people I saw today.” The answer is always the same: Full Speed, T.Puzzle, and Mad Dog…it’s the pandemic y’all (I always add that in so if future generations look back at it they won’t be sad that I had no friends).
6. Get outdoors until I remember I live in Texas and it is currently a thousand degrees and I retreat indoors before my face melts off.
7. Question why I live in Texas.
8. Eat chocolate.
9. Eat more chocolate.
10. Allow for bad days, offer myself some kindness, and hug my boys (T.Puzzle LOVES this!).
11. Cardio kickbox my way through some aggression.
12. And last but not least, remind myself that there are awesome people like you in the world.